background

Monday, April 12, 2010


Recently, I was asked where I get my inspiration from when scrapbooking. I have to admit, the days of intricate pages labored over for hours are gone; for me there just is no time. These days I'm lucky to get even a page completed once every 6 months! In fact, I part of the reason for this blog was to inspired me to GET BUSY!! I find myself relying heavily on the fabulous papers they have available, making my pages simple, yet still look great. I look at the colors in the pictures I'm going to work on and I start from there choosing pattern paper that compliments without overtaking the pictures. Basic Grey as well as K& Company are great companies with paper that is so beautiful, it's already decorated! I usually add some very contrasting other paper, like black & white polka dot, to make the page pop, journal a few thoughts and I'm usually glad to have completed it! My goal though, is to take more time and actually enjoy the creative process I think so many of us love this hobby for. I love using my die cutting machines, because not only do they add a new dimension to my pages with their intricate mats and shapes, they get me thinking and the creative juices flowing and I find myself say, "Ooohh, I want to use THAT in my next page" and it helps keep me interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment