background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dog Sympathy Cards

I think finding a sympathy card for someone who has lost a beloved pet can be very hard. I actually make them for a local pet boutique and that's where I would suggest you look if you trying to find one. If you can't find one - make it! Usually what I do is trim my cardstock or base for the card so it
will go through my printer (8.5X11") making my setting so that the words, "With Deepest Sympathy" is printed on the inside bottom when it's folded in 1/2 like a card. You might have to run a practice paper through a couple of times before you get it just right, but then after that, save it and you'll have those setting for future cards. After I've printed the inside message I trim the card into 5X7" standard size card. Use a bone folder if you have one to get the edge as tight as possible. For the front, since I'm creating in bulk for the boutique, I create columns on my template, type the message, print out in the font I like and then cut it out and adhere onto the card. Sometimes I do the inside message like this and just adhere to to the inside as well. The most popular quotes I do are: "If love could have saved you you would have lived forever - Unknown" and "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. - Anantole France". If you're at a loss as to where to find dog scrapbooking supplies, I suggest going on ebay and looking around. I always have tons of left over supplies and sometimes sell them there as I would imagine other card makers do. That way you get a huge variety of supplies in one kit at a minimal price! Then you always have it available should the time come when you need to make one.

No comments:

Post a Comment