background

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Joyful dancers

 I really wanted to make something special for a 1st birthday for my step granddaughter and saw a beautiful mixed media art canvas in Somerset Workshop Autumn 2010 issue that featured artist Vanessa Valencia.  She is so imaginative and inspirational - it inspired me to try her technique.  It actually wasn't that hard and while the results are not near as good as hers, I think it turned out so cute for a little girl's room.  When I get an extra minute, I've made more "dancing dolls" to make a couple more canvas art.  I like Somerset Workshop magazine because they do show you step by step how to do the featured artist's designs so you can try your hand at it.  I added "Scattered Joy" because our last name is Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment