background

Monday, January 20, 2014

Art Journal Get Together / Class Invitation

So I'm having a little get together with some girlfriends who have never Art Journaled before and I wanted to invite a couple other gals as well, so I made a couple invitations out of cardboard.  For these invites I started with a 6.5x4" nice thin stiff cardboard pieces.  I layer with gesso first, then added tissue paper napkin with gel medium that had a paisley design.

 I printed out the title using old Typewriter font on white paper and glued it on.
 Then I covered with a gel medium and let dry, I also used some modeling paste and stencils using just the white paste and then some tinted with black acrylic paint.  I used a charcoal pencil and a white pastel crayon to highlight title.  
 I kept layering with Dylusions Spray inks as well as some of Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabios.
Acrylic paint with some texture stamps and finally a cute strip of washi tape.


The back is just a (messy…) postcard style invitation, but you could print out some nice and neat ones and then glue to the back to it would much nicer than this….but I was short on time (as usual) and need to get them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment